The Statue of Liberty;
Enlightening the world;
Hope for our children.
So wide and vast;
Flowing and falling;
The Washington Monument;
Made of marble and granite;
Built to memorialize the father of our country;
And tallest stone structure on the planet.
The Mississippi River;
Meandering slowly southward;
It’s the chief waterway of our nation.
The Grand Canyon;
Immense gorge a mile deep.
Stepping up to an overlook;
It’s dramatic and very steep.
The Rocky Mountains,
Rising high into the sky,
Its grandeur is bona fide.
Largest alpine lake in nation,
Look at the panorama of surrounding mountains,
It’s a wonderful place to take a vacation.
Golden Gate Bridge;
Most photographed bridge in the world,
An internationally recognized symbol,
It’s a wonder of the modern world.
Happy 4th of July to all!
By Mark Shields – © 7-4-2013
- Summer in Lake Tahoe (anolanaturalskincare.com)
- Happy Birthday America! (auntjemimahpost.com)
- Break Out the Birthday Cake (youngmildandfree.wordpress.com)
- And She’s Back: Statue of Liberty Reopens (life.time.com)
- Happy Fourth of July! (missingthemuse.wordpress.com)
Happy 4th of July! Thanks for linking to my post.
You are welcome Dan. Hope your July the 4th was a good one. We celebrated the 4th with a concert and fireworks.